I’ve been dreaming of finally having a spring day so I could wear one of the 135 baby blue and white outfit combos I’ve dreamt up in my head. So with May, finally came Spring. I don’t know why, but I find I wear these jeans more in warmer months, they are a tomgirl style and nice and loose in a good way.
Scroll for outfit details
Shop my look: Avocado & Pineapple button down // Tomgirl jeans // White loafers // Purse (newer version) // Necklace (I’m wearing mine with a 14″ chain) //
Well hello, thanks for stopping in! I’ve been so busy lately and haven’t been able to dedicate much time to the blog but I’m hoping to be posting more frequently soon. If you feel like your missing me, and you just can’t wait, follow me on Instagram. So in the meantime, I’m sharing with you some of my recent purchases.
- Button Me Knot Top – I’m absolutely loving this top and want to wear it with everything! Perfect with jeans, shorts, and even a denim skirt! It also unties so you can wear it a few different ways. Also available in white.
2. Starfish Cable Bracelet – I’ve been wearing this all week and I’m loving it. I have tiny wrists and have trouble finding bracelets that fit but this one was able to be adjusted so it’s perfect!
3. Green Block Heel Sandals – So if you’ve been following along with me, you know I bought an almost identical pair of these in pink and cannot stop wearing them so when I saw these I didn’t hesitate to get them.
4. Striped Tee – So basically every time a package arrives at our door with my name on it, my husband asks me if it’s another striped shirt. And most of the time my answer is YES. So yes, here we are. I’m totally loving the colors on this one. I ordered my regular size and one size up to compare the fits. My regular size fit, but I decided to keep the larger size because I like a looser fit. (front tucks and knots are my thang)
5. Nike Air Max Sasha – Obviously we know how much I like sneakers but I was looking for a pair that would work for the gym but also be cute and neutral enough to wear jeans. So I bought they gray AND the black. They’re so comfy, so if you’re in the market for a new pair of sneaks, or you’re an addict like me give these a try!
So, what’s your fave?
Ahh, spring. Well… kind of. Between snowing yesterday and spring-like temps yesterday I don’t even know what to do with my wardrobe! At least I snuck in some spring looks on a recent trip to Arizona where the temps were beyond perfect.
Shop my look: Shirt – Express (sold out) SIMILAR // Jeans // Bag // Watch // Shoes // Sunnies
- The Taylor Strecker Show / Taste of Taylor – So I need to give a shoutout to my girl Taylor Strecker. I’ve been listening to her show for almost eleven years. She recently started on her own platform which is a cross between a live radio show and a podcast. She’s amazing, hilarious, and, and a perfect companion to get you through the workday. The Taylor Strecker Show is subscription based, so go ahead and check out her free podcast, and once you love that subscribe to her show, you won’t be sorry!
2. I’m so excited about this new line of products! from Bath & Body Works. They’ve come out with a new line of active skin care and I think it’s awesome. So far I’ve purchased the Shower In A Bottle and the No Sweat Dry Shampoo. Both of these are perfect for after the gym. I typically find myself in a bind when I leave the gym in the morning because my time is so limited. I can either run an extra errand/get some work done OR shower immediately. Well, thanks to Shower in a Bottle, I can do both. It’s the perfect compromise, I don’t feel so gross and I can get some extra stuff done. I’ve also had a hard time finding a dry shampoo that doesn’t smell awful and this one smells great. (husband agreed) There are some other items in the line I’d love to try. Check them all out here.
3. Personalized Name Earrings – I’ll definitely be ordering a pair of these name earrings, they come in silver and gold. I love a good piece of personalized jewelry and these are definitely going to be making their appearance in my collection.
4. Oh Hey Vacay Top – If you know anything about me, you know I love a good t-shirt. I just ordered this one for an upcoming trip, and it’s perfect for summer.
5. Raise your hand if you’re a subscription box junkie. I think I’ve found my newest fave. The other day I was discussing with my husband about how much I love shopping online but I was annoyed with the fact that no one has created some sort of system where scents can come through our phones and computers so I can purchase candles, perfume, and soap from the comfort of my couch. Cue in Whiff, the monthly subscription service that sends you five perfumes each week. You get three applications of each scent sent to you and then you rate them so next month your scents will be specifically tailored to you. How awesome is this? It’s like a flight of wine, yet it’s with perfume. The best part? You can save 50% with code HAUTETOMBOY.
Have a great weekend!
Hi loves. I had a reader ask for recommendations on what types of shoes she should have in her closet. I’m rounding up the five types of shoes you need, with plenty of choices for each type. Do you own all of these? Will you be purchasing any of the shoes in the post? P.s… I love reader requests, so if there is anything you’d like to see on the blog please let me know!
- The Mule – They’re chic, they’re comfy, and the possibilities are endless! Slip on a pair of mules with anything from a t-shirt for a casual day out, or for a day in the office. Shop Mules// 1. Leopard // 2. Fur lined ( I own these, they are so comfy) // 3. White (I own these as well!) // 4. Silver // 5. Embellished //
2. The Heel / Wedge – There are so many options out for a dressier shoe ranging from wedges, low heels, block heels etc so there’s something out for everyone. Shop heels/wedges// 1. Lace-up wedge // 2. Metallic Wedge // 3. Bright color pumps // 4. Block heel sandal // 5. Low block heel (these are on my spring wishlist)
3. The Casual Sneaker – Thankfully it’s 2018 it’s socially acceptable to wear sneakers with everything so make sure you have a pair (or five) in your closet. Shop the sneakers// 1. Glitter sneakers (on my wishlist) // 2. Supergas // 3. Converse ( I own about 5 pairs of these) // 4. Gazelle ( I have these in gray) // 5. Quilted Slip-on ( I own these)
4. The Bootie – If you don’t already have a pair of booties in your life, now is the time to change that. From super casual, to embellished, there is a pair for everyone. Shop the booties// 1. Open Toe booties // 2. Sock booties // 3. Embellished booties // 4. Snakeskin booties // 5. Casual booties //
5. The flat sandal – Here’s what you’ll be living in this summer. Shop sandals// 1. Black Sandals // 2. Miller Sandal // 3. Lace-up sandal // 4. Atheltic slides
That’s all! What else would you like to see on the blog?
Shop my look: Top // Jacket – old (similar) // Jeans – on sale under $20! // Shoes – Nordstrom (old), similar) // Sunnies // Tote
What a week! My blog totally took a back seat this week as work and life were completely crazy. But Friday is here! So let’s talk favorites!
1. White Loafers… I picked these up last night and I cannot wait to wear them! I have so many outfits in my head that these will be perfect with! They come in silver and rose gold as well! And, they’re under $25!
2. Super Stay Matte Ink Lip Color – Ok, so this is HUGE for me! I have tried every long lasting lip product I could get my hands on but I’ve finally found one that will allow me to stop looking. Cue in Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Lip Color. I bought this the other day and it is absolutely AMAZING! It stays on ALL day, doesn’t bleed onto your cups (biggest pet peeve) and doesn’t feel like you are wearing anything. Make sure you also pick up the remover, as it’s not easy to get off! I picked up two colors so far, but I’ll be building my collection over the next week. This stuff is truly amazing, and it’s available in 20 colors!
3. These are SO cute, perfect for hiding your drink if need be, and the best way to add another accessory to your day!
4. I picked up this top last week, I cannot wait for spring. I mean come on, it has avocados and pineapples! It’s the perfect button down to bring you into spring and summer. Plus, it’s on sale! Get it, girl!
5. I love a good baseball tee, so when I found this velvet sleeve version I began to drool. I mean how cute it this?
Will you be picking up any of these this weekend? Hope your weekend is amazing!