Ahh, spring. Well… kind of. Between snowing yesterday and spring-like temps yesterday I don’t even know what to do with my wardrobe! At least I snuck in some spring looks on a recent trip to Arizona where the temps were beyond perfect.
Shop my look: Shirt – Express (sold out) SIMILAR // Jeans // Bag // Watch // Shoes // Sunnies
- The Taylor Strecker Show / Taste of Taylor – So I need to give a shoutout to my girl Taylor Strecker. I’ve been listening to her show for almost eleven years. She recently started on her own platform which is a cross between a live radio show and a podcast. She’s amazing, hilarious, and, and a perfect companion to get you through the workday. The Taylor Strecker Show is subscription based, so go ahead and check out her free podcast, and once you love that subscribe to her show, you won’t be sorry!
2. I’m so excited about this new line of products! from Bath & Body Works. They’ve come out with a new line of active skin care and I think it’s awesome. So far I’ve purchased the Shower In A Bottle and the No Sweat Dry Shampoo. Both of these are perfect for after the gym. I typically find myself in a bind when I leave the gym in the morning because my time is so limited. I can either run an extra errand/get some work done OR shower immediately. Well, thanks to Shower in a Bottle, I can do both. It’s the perfect compromise, I don’t feel so gross and I can get some extra stuff done. I’ve also had a hard time finding a dry shampoo that doesn’t smell awful and this one smells great. (husband agreed) There are some other items in the line I’d love to try. Check them all out here.
3. Personalized Name Earrings – I’ll definitely be ordering a pair of these name earrings, they come in silver and gold. I love a good piece of personalized jewelry and these are definitely going to be making their appearance in my collection.
4. Oh Hey Vacay Top – If you know anything about me, you know I love a good t-shirt. I just ordered this one for an upcoming trip, and it’s perfect for summer.
5. Raise your hand if you’re a subscription box junkie. I think I’ve found my newest fave. The other day I was discussing with my husband about how much I love shopping online but I was annoyed with the fact that no one has created some sort of system where scents can come through our phones and computers so I can purchase candles, perfume, and soap from the comfort of my couch. Cue in Whiff, the monthly subscription service that sends you five perfumes each week. You get three applications of each scent sent to you and then you rate them so next month your scents will be specifically tailored to you. How awesome is this? It’s like a flight of wine, yet it’s with perfume. The best part? You can save 50% with code HAUTETOMBOY.
Have a great weekend!
Hi loves. I had a reader ask for recommendations on what types of shoes she should have in her closet. I’m rounding up the five types of shoes you need, with plenty of choices for each type. Do you own all of these? Will you be purchasing any of the shoes in the post? P.s… I love reader requests, so if there is anything you’d like to see on the blog please let me know!
- The Mule – They’re chic, they’re comfy, and the possibilities are endless! Slip on a pair of mules with anything from a t-shirt for a casual day out, or for a day in the office. Shop Mules// 1. Leopard // 2. Fur lined ( I own these, they are so comfy) // 3. White (I own these as well!) // 4. Silver // 5. Embellished //
2. The Heel / Wedge – There are so many options out for a dressier shoe ranging from wedges, low heels, block heels etc so there’s something out for everyone. Shop heels/wedges// 1. Lace-up wedge // 2. Metallic Wedge // 3. Bright color pumps // 4. Block heel sandal // 5. Low block heel (these are on my spring wishlist)
3. The Casual Sneaker – Thankfully it’s 2018 it’s socially acceptable to wear sneakers with everything so make sure you have a pair (or five) in your closet. Shop the sneakers// 1. Glitter sneakers (on my wishlist) // 2. Supergas // 3. Converse ( I own about 5 pairs of these) // 4. Gazelle ( I have these in gray) // 5. Quilted Slip-on ( I own these)
4. The Bootie – If you don’t already have a pair of booties in your life, now is the time to change that. From super casual, to embellished, there is a pair for everyone. Shop the booties// 1. Open Toe booties // 2. Sock booties // 3. Embellished booties // 4. Snakeskin booties // 5. Casual booties //
5. The flat sandal – Here’s what you’ll be living in this summer. Shop sandals// 1. Black Sandals // 2. Miller Sandal // 3. Lace-up sandal // 4. Atheltic slides
That’s all! What else would you like to see on the blog?
Shop my look: Top // Jacket – old (similar) // Jeans – on sale under $20! // Shoes – Nordstrom (old), similar) // Sunnies // Tote
What a week! My blog totally took a back seat this week as work and life were completely crazy. But Friday is here! So let’s talk favorites!
1. White Loafers… I picked these up last night and I cannot wait to wear them! I have so many outfits in my head that these will be perfect with! They come in silver and rose gold as well! And, they’re under $25!
2. Super Stay Matte Ink Lip Color – Ok, so this is HUGE for me! I have tried every long lasting lip product I could get my hands on but I’ve finally found one that will allow me to stop looking. Cue in Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Lip Color. I bought this the other day and it is absolutely AMAZING! It stays on ALL day, doesn’t bleed onto your cups (biggest pet peeve) and doesn’t feel like you are wearing anything. Make sure you also pick up the remover, as it’s not easy to get off! I picked up two colors so far, but I’ll be building my collection over the next week. This stuff is truly amazing, and it’s available in 20 colors!
3. These are SO cute, perfect for hiding your drink if need be, and the best way to add another accessory to your day!
4. I picked up this top last week, I cannot wait for spring. I mean come on, it has avocados and pineapples! It’s the perfect button down to bring you into spring and summer. Plus, it’s on sale! Get it, girl!
5. I love a good baseball tee, so when I found this velvet sleeve version I began to drool. I mean how cute it this?
Will you be picking up any of these this weekend? Hope your weekend is amazing!
It’s Friday! Wow, this makes two full weeks of the blog and it’s been so fun! What’s been your favorite part of the blog so far? Shopping posts, favorites, outfits? I’d love to hear from you! So here we go, my favorites of the week!
- These sandals. They are on my list for spring. Let’s be honest, they’re similar to the Hermes Oran sandals, which obviously I won’t be purchasing! These are perfect for the price, and come in four colors!
- I’m an avid reader…to say I love to read is an understatement. My reading list is comprised primarily of fiction; thrillers to be exact but you can also catch me reading boss books and contemporary fiction. I loved B.A. Paris’s first book, Behind Closed Doors, so when I saw she came out with another one I couldn’t wait to read it. And it didn’t disappoint! If you love a quick read, check out The Breakdown.
- THIS.IS.THE.BEST.MASCARA! I’m always trying new mascaras because you just never know when you’re going to find one that is even better than the last! I’m also a fan of applying two kinds at a time. Cue in this amazing new L’Oreal mascara.
- I’ve been absolutely loving this Dainty Triangle Choker necklace. It’s dainty enough to wear every day but still makes a statement. You can literally wear it with anything, or double it up with a longer necklace. Can’t decide between gold or silver? Good thing you can get them both 🙂
- I’m always on the hunt for my next for my next favorite pair of sunnies. I think a pair of these is in my future. Even better? They’re on sale!So do you have any of my Friday Faves? Have you added any to your shopping list? What else is a must have?
Have a great weekend loves!
I finally made my way to Target to check out their new line, Universal Thread. I hadn’t read too much about it online so I wasn’t sure what to expect but I’m impressed. My first impression was that I was walking into a mini Madewell store within Target. I was walking through a sea of denim and basics. It seems like the perfect spot to stock up on tees and jeans. I tried on what I could with my 3.5 years in tow. Popcorn was the perfect form of bribery for this trip. It was a shame that the Target cafe was closed when we first walked in. I mean come on people, I have clothes to try on! Scroll down to see which items I’m loving.
I really liked the quality of this cardigan, and it comes in several colors. I think I could have actually sized down in this one. Shop it here.
So I’m absolutely loving this striped top. It fit great, was super comfy and I’m a sucker for anything with stripes. And this one was approved by the popcorn eater as well, just in case you’re wondering!
If you’re anything like me, you like a good sweatshirt. I found this one to be a great fit with a vintage vibe. Best part? It comes in three colors.
These jeans were so soft and comfy and I was loving the paint splatter detailing. Plus I always love a pair of high-rise jeans! I can’t say they were as flattering as my usual AE jeans, but I thought they were a great alternative for the price. I wish I had more time to explore though, because they have SO many styles and cuts & inseams. It’s awesome to see a brand catering to all sizes.
These distressed jeans were mid rise and weren’t as flattering as the other pair, but jeans are so personal I encourage you to try them all on when you have a chance to see which work best for you.
So have you tried anything from the Universal Thread line yet? What are you most excited about?
Hi babes! I get a lot of questions about where I shop, and where I buy specific items so I thought it would be fun to periodically share some of the items I’ve recently purchased.
Click the link above each picture for details. Drop a line and let me know which one is your fave!
Strappy Cold Shoulder Top
I’ve been loving this t-shirt and been wearing it non stop! It’s soft, it’s comfy and it can be dressed up or down. Yes please!
Nike Air Max Motion
I snagged these about a week or two ago and have been wearing them non stop. They are super comfy, and I’m loving the little touch of blush.
7/8 Length Leggings
These are currently my FAVORITE leggings. And they even go great with my new sneaks. I love the length of these as usually full length are a little too long, so these are absolutely perfect. Compression? Check, High Rise Check? Cute? Check. Total win. And best part? They’re currently on sale under $17!
Short Sleeve Stripe Cotton Shirt
I bought this last week and I cannot wait for spring because I have so many outfit ideas in my head. Cue light jeans and nude shoes.
Shade of Winter Sweater
Even though it’s a little late in the season for a new sweater, this one is on sale for $20 and it was too cool to pass up. I got it last week and have worn it like three times already.
So, that’s it for purchases this week. I’d love to hear what sort of things you would love to see come to the blog in upcoming posts!
Shop my look: Moto Jacket (old), similar // Sweatshirt // Jeans (old), similar // Shoes // Sunglasses (sold out), similar // Bag (old), similar, same bag as mine in black//
Whenever I’m having one of those days where I just need to throw something on and get out of the house I find myself typically reaching for the same few things; a sweatshirt, a moto jacket, distressed jeans, and a pair of sneakers. It’s comfy, it’s casual, and it’s still cute so I’ve checked all my boxes. I find myself wearing several variations of this outfit on the weekends.
Do you have an outfit formula you’re always reaching for? I’d love to hear!